Wednesday, April 13, 2016

James Hempel has moved his studio

from: jwhempel
@hotmail.com
 
 
***Please note! My classroom studio has moved to 1407 N. 54th St. Milwaukee 53208 (54th and Vliet St. northwest corner)

After teaching in the same studio for sixteen years, developers have finally reached my Walker's Point studio building and the tenants have been told to vacate. The building was a great creative community in it's heyday as a home to five floors of working artist studios over the last thirty years. 

My new teaching studio and exhibiting gallery will be located in a street level boutique storefront in a lovely arts and crafts building in the vibrant Washington Heights neighborhood.

I hope you can join us!
-James

Weekly Drawing & Painting Classes
Mid April- May 2016 Class Schedule: 

3 Tuesday Mornings:
April 12, 19, 26 
10AM-12:30PM

3 Wednesday Mornings:
April 13, 20, 27
10AM-12:30PM

4 Saturday Mornings:
April 16, 23, 30
10AM-12:30PM

My weekly classes offer individual mentoring in media of your choice across a broad range of traditional drawing and painting techniques in a supportive group setting. All levels of experience are welcome and encouraged.


I offer a 1 hour complementary painting/drawing demonstration in various media for enrolled students before all my classes from 9AM - 10AM.

Tuition is $120 per 4 class ($90 per 3 class) session. You may prorate @ $30/class if you're unable to attend an entire session, but if you need to miss a class you may make it up during any other class time or carry it over to the next session. My classes run continuously year round other than the times I'm competing in a local or national plein air event or teaching a workshop away from home.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions about classes, my instruction style, any needed artist materials, or for directions to my studio.

Hope you can join us soon!
Best Regards,
-James Hempel