Friday, April 10, 2015

Artist Studio Space to Share at 133 W. Pittsburgh Ave. in Milwaukee

from:  Charles H. McMullen email: chm@dewittross.com

I am sending you this e-mail in order to see if you would be interested in sharing space with some fellow art students of Jim Hempel’s in renting
Studio 501 in the building located at 133 West Pittsburg Avenue in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Studio 501 is located just down the hall from Jim Hempel’s studio).

By way of background, five of us current lease Studio 501, but one of us is dropping out for family related reasons, and we would like to replace him with one or more persons in order to defray the individual cost of renting Studio 501.

We understand that the landlord is willing to enter into a new one year lease for Studio 501 at the rate of $600 per month, which would mean an individual rent of $120 per month if five of us were to rent Studio 501.

In considering this opportunity, I would tell you the following:

1.        For myself, and I believe for each of the others currently sharing space in Studio 501 (who are copied on this e-mail message), having a studio space to go to has increased the time I actually spend painting because I found that, despite my good intentions, painting at home just didn’t happen for me (or at least not as frequently as I would have liked).
2.        Studio 501 is bright and spacious.
3.       We are a group of painters who get along with each other.
4.       Having Jim Hempel’s studio almost next door is wonderful if you take any classes from Jim because you can leave all your art supplies in Studio 501 and go to classes with Jim without having to carry all your art supplies up to Jim’s studio for each class.

Please let me and the other people copied on this e-mail know if you have any interest in joining us in Studio 501 (positive responses only, please).  We would, of course, be happy to give you a tour of the space and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Charlie McMullen