Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Mill Bluff Park & Hwy 80 north of Elroy

Some beautiful pictures from Margo now living in northern Wisconsin.
Maybe we should make a plein air painting trip up north next October!

From: Margo Wolfe <wolfe0472@gmail.com>
10/12/14

Hello
I thought I would share a few photos from this past weekend fall color trip (use them if you wish).  Roy and I went up near Camp Douglas to Mill Bluff Park and then went southwest to connect up with Hwy 80 north of Elroy and then on to Hwy 33/Hwy 12 into Baraboo and back home.  In all we were on/off the road for about 5-6 hours, enough driving for me.  
 
I think I got a few ideas for paintings.  Found a few places for plein air painting.  Also found an apple farm called Juicy Fruit Apple Orchard on Hwy 80 that sells Macoun apples.  Never heard of this apple so here is a little info.  - A crossbreed of the McIntosh and Jersey Black cultivars, the Macoun apple is regarded as one of the best all-purpose cooking apples around. This dark red fruit with creamy white flesh is crisp, tender and perfect for sauce. It has a sweet, rich apple flavor with hints of berry.  
I will be going back next year in October to get a lot more than what we got this time.  Roy isn't an apple eater but he really likes these.
 
Enjoy the photos!  
If you want me to resend any of these with a larger image size let me know.
Please pass along the email to Arline.
Margo