Monday, July 15, 2013

How I got started Plein Air Painting by Al

Heard of my first plein air event on Downer Av in Milwaukee from fellow artists Dan Stauff and Bridgette Wolfe.

It was an enjoyable experience participating and meeting other community artists. Having no interest in winning anything or even selling. Two of my paintings sold and left me feeling  good that someone would care to have my work. After that more events came along and I even won a prize in one event and was accepted in Watercolor Wisconsin at the Wustum in Racine.

Painting on location is enjoyable to be outside on site and having some time to yourself.
Presently I paint almost weekly with other plein air artists.

As for subjects, I like things that make a good composition and mostly like architectural things and statues or garden gates and trellises.