Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Q&A with Door County Living's Cover Artist Gretchen Klug by Randy Rasmussen

Q&A - Questions and Artists - Gretchen Klug
By Randy Rasmussen

  of Peninsula Pulse

Randy Rasmussen (RR): Most artists that I have interviewed over the past few years always started creating at an early age. Do you remember your first drawing and how old you were when it was done?

Gretchen Klug (GK): I created my first real drawings at four years old. I loved horses and loved the book Black Beauty. I wanted a horse, but my parents decided against that idea. So I drew and drew them. My mother showed me some of those drawing she had saved and was surprised how good they were. I had drawn the horses with an awareness of anatomy and design. They definitely were not the stick drawings of a child.

When I was a little older, I arranged a studio in the basement where I could pretend I was a real artist. Guess I always knew what I was going to do with my life.

Read more>>