Thursday, January 12, 2012

Q&A Artists: Tom Nachreiner by Randy Rasmussen of Peninsula Pulse

Q&A-Questions & Artists: Tom Nachreiner
By Randy Rasmussen
youngdoe
"Young Doe"


Randy Rasmussen (RR): I have interviewed many artists, and it seems they always enjoyed drawing at an early age. Do you remember when you started to draw and create?

Tom Nachreiner (TN): I didn't have any formal training in grade school or high school, but I started drawing in pencil only with a stump for blending, doing portraits at home and in study hall at school. I purchased several books about drawing and was inspired.

RR: Did you have any teachers who gave you encouragement to follow a career in art? Did you know even before high school that this is what you wanted to do with your life?

TN: I had no encouragement other than my parents and friends until college. I wanted to become an engineer or architect. I knew when I got into the engineering department at UW Madison and then saw the art department that I wanted to switch majors.

Read more>>