Sunday, March 27, 2011

Viper Event at BucketWork,s 706 S 5th, St March 31, 7-10pm


Vintage Inspired Portrait & Entertainment Room (VIPER) night premiered in November 2010 at BYO Gallery & Cocktail Lounge in Bayview. In short VIPER is a party, held bi-monthly at different venues, where you can create art or just hang out with friends and enjoy the entertainment. There is always some kind of vintage inspired theme and non-traditional models, i.e. burlesque performers, actors, etc. November's VIPER had a 1950's theme, pinup model and local sultry songbird Chanel Le Meaux was the entertainment. In January VIPER was "shaken, not stirred" and you guessed it- complete with James Bond ala 1960's, villain, bond girls and members of the Brewcity Bombshells performed.

This month VIPER will be held at Bucketworks, Milwaukee's own "healthclub for the brain". The theme is SESAME STREET: old school. Puppeteers from Angy Young Men, Ltd.,best known for their annual Halloween production of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: the puppet show, will be on hand with some of their newest puppet creations, posing for your creative pleasure, performing and improvising skits to entertain the masses.

Some FAQ's I get about VIPER:

Q: Is it a class? A: No. There is no instructor. It is a fun, funky alternative to academic art classes. It's like a party with people there who you have permission to draw, paint, photograph, etc.
Q: Can I take pictures? A: Yes. Photographers are welcome. Bring model releases if you wish.

Q: Do I need to bring my own supplies? A: Yes.

Q: Why does it cost $10?
A: Because I have to pay the models & entertainment and rent the venue. My ultimate goal is to have VIPER well enough attended that money and/or supplies can be donated to an arts organization each time. Oh, and it's fun!

BIOS:

Angry young Men, ltd.: What can I say? I went to school with some of these folks. They are all some of the most kind, awesome, & creative types I know. I'm lucky to call them friends and Milwaukee is lucky to have them! Find out more about them at http://www.angryyoungmenltd.com/.

Alice Wilson: That's me. I'm the gal who dreamed up this idea. I'm a local actress and art model. Please look for VIPER on Facebook. There are cool pictures.
For more information contact Alice at rockinredhead52@gmail.com