Saturday, May 23, 2015

Upcoming Workshops with Terry Stanley

from:
Terry Stanley
info@terrystanley.com
 
I recently was able to move from my home studio to a new space at 100 S. Broadway in DePere, WI and I'm really enjoying the productivity that's resulting from being able to focus on the work!
 
 Another benefit is that I realized my work has undergone something of an epiphany over the last couple of years. I can see a clear evolution, (which is good thing as an artist), but when the change is fairly radical, it can be a detriment to gallery sales and commissions. Therefore, I have called back most of my earlier pieces that are still out in various galleries and I'm striving to create a new body of work that is cohesive and, I hope, exciting to my collectors and peers. Some of the paintings I mentioned will be available at special prices at the DePere Art Walk next week! More info below...
 
While I'm producing this new work, I am also teaching workshops nearby. Information on those is below.  There are more in the works for late 2015 and 2016 that will have me traveling quite a bit! It's always fun to experience new venues and new students. More on those in the next newsletter.
 
   If you're in the Green Bay area, DePere hosts an Art Walk several times each summer! This year they run from 5pm-8pm on May 29 (next Friday!), June 12 & 26, July 17 & 31 and August 14. Artists are hosted in various businesses in DePere and I will participate as a business owner/artist. My guest artist will be Shannon Piette, who does glass & clay sculpture as well as some cool pen-and-ink work. Stop in to see us at 100 S Broadway Suite 65!
 
  There's a new Facebook page for my artist peers and collectors as well. Please click https://www.facebook.com/ArtByTerryStanley and Like the page. Sometime this summer I will pick a random FB winner for a small painting! 
 
 I also have two workshops coming up soon at Richeson School of Art & Gallery in Kimberly, WI. Full info is on the Richeson website and you can register online or call the art school at 920-738-0744 to register by phone.
 
 
Basic Color Theory/Color Mixing  May 30
Learn or review basic color theory and prepare a color mixing chart for a basic palette of six colors plus white. Materials are included for this short half-day course! Just a couple of spots left!
 
 
Paint Your Pet  June 12-13
By popular request! Since 2009, I've done almost 700 pet portraits for clients all over the world (thank you Internet!). Many of my students have asked for a short course on how I do it. Day one will consist of the basics: How to convey textures, paint realistic eyes, layering, and how to capture personality.  Day two will concentrate on painting a 9x12 portrait of your own pet from a reference photo you supply. Work in oils or acrylics. 


Garden Nocturnes:
Painting by Moonlight
Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
July 28-30  7pm-11pm
I'm delighted to announce a new, very different kind of workshop at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum in Wausau, WI.  We will have special access to the amazing sculpture gardens at the Woodson and paint "en plain air" by the light of the almost-full moon and the gardens' landscape lighting. (We even have covered areas in the gardens in case of inclement weather).Work in oils, acrylics, watercolor or pastels. This painting of bronze "Rosetta" in the gardens is an example of the subject matter we'll work with.  More info is online HERE. Contact 715-845-7010 to register.
 
 Is your organization seeking an exhibit juror or workshop instructor? Contact me by email aInfo@TerryStanley.com or call 920-309-1270.

Commissions are being accepted for portraits of people or pets and custom artwork for home or business. Contact me for pricing and availability!