It was a very chilly day so we decided to go to Blumel's. It was chilly outside so we went inside which has limited sitting. Next Friday we are going to try out their greenhouse. As usual their drinks and snacks were very yummy. They also have an Local Artist wall for artists.
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Monday, October 25, 2021
from: Richeson Gallery firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, October 24, 2021
from: Artwork Archive email@example.com
Saturday, October 23, 2021
from: Whitewater Arts Alliance firstname.lastname@example.org
The annual Whitewater Arts Alliance Members Show (and sale) will be exhibited in a hybrid format online at whitewaterarts.org and at the Whitewater Cultural Arts Center, 402 West Main Street, from Friday, Nov. 19th to Sunday, Dec. 19th. Except for Thanksgiving week (11/25 – 11/28), the gallery will be open Friday through Sunday each week from 2:00 to 4:00 P.M. The virtual show will be available for viewing all month long. The Whitewater Arts Alliance will be recording a virtual reception to display on our youtube channel. Viewing the exhibit is free of charge and open to everyone interested in the visual arts. The city of Whitewater asks that visitors wear masks in the Cultural Arts Center regardless of vaccination status.
The WAA Members Show welcomes art pieces by Whitewater Arts Alliance members in any 2-D or 3-D medium completed during the last two years. The Alliance encourages each participant to submit three to four pieces. All participants will be entered in a blind drawing for a free 2022 WAA membership. The drawing will be Sunday, Nov. 21.
Anyone can become a member of the Whitewater Arts Alliance by completing a membership form and choosing their membership type. Check out whitewaterarts.org and click on "About" and "Become a Member" for more details.
Show visitors will also have an opportunity to vote for their favorite pieces on exhibit in-gallery or online.
Participating members of the Whitewater Arts Alliance are to bring their art and completed forms (unless submitted by email at email@example.com) to the Cultural Arts Center gallery on Sunday, Nov. 14 between 2:00 and 6:00 P.M. Current forms are on the WAA website whitewaterarts.org on the “forms” menu. Artists are to pick up their art pieces after announcement of the viewers’ choices on Sunday, Dec. 19 at about 2:30 P.M.
1. Submitted pieces should represent work done during the last two years.
2. Submitted pieces must be original. If a piece references or reproduces a photograph,
the artist is to have taken the original photograph(s).
3. Submitted 2-dimensional pieces must be wired and ready for hanging.
4. Pedestals are available for 3-dimensional pieces, but if a display case is needed, the artist is to
5. Members may submit up to a maximum of four pieces.
6. Complete the licensing contract to merchandise images (whitewaterarts.org). At the WAA website, click on “Forms” and then click on “Members’ Show Licensing Agreement.”
7. Complete the general insurance release form for liability while pieces are on exhibit at the CAC (whitewaterarts.org). At the WAA website, click on “Forms” and then click on “Members’ Show Insurance Release.” At the bottom of the insurance release form, you will find information tags for three art pieces. Complete one of the tags for each art piece to be submitted for the show. Attach the tag so that it can be viewed easily from the front.
8. Email digital copies of your art (JPEG format) to firstname.lastname@example.org for the virtual show.
9. Bring art pieces, completed forms (items 6 and 7 above, and unless emailed to email@example.com) to the CAC gallery on Sunday, Nov. 14 between 2:00 and 6:00 P.M. or at another time by special arrangement.
10. Pick up art after announcement of viewers’ choice award on Sunday Dec. 19 after 2:30 P.M.
The Cultural Arts Center is located on 402 West Main Street in the historic White building near the Birge Fountain. Parking is behind the building. An elevator is available for access from the parking lot entrance.
Friday, October 22, 2021
From: Fred Bell <firstname.lastname@example.org
LANDSCAPE PAINTING CLASS
Have you ever wanted to learn how to paint a landscape?
In my FREE class, I will show you my approach to painting. The key to painting complicated scenes is knowing how to see in a simple way. It is about the big simple shapes more than the details.
In the FREE class, I will paint a landscape from a photo using acrylics. Starting with a small sketch and proceeding through to a finished painting. I'll describe what I am doing and why. Colors, composition, values, and materials will be covered.
I have been teaching adults my techniques for a long time. I started teaching on Zoom when the pandemic started and it has worked out very well. Students like it better than in-person classes because they can see me work, we can talk more easily and they don't have to leave home.
The FREE class will happen on
- October 26, 2021, at
- 10 am.
2.) Sign up and I will send you the photo I will paint and the Zoom link to the class.
This is a relaxed class that will be easy to understand and fun to attend. I hope you can join me.